TANOE Awards 23 Businesses And Startups During The Ghana Startup Awards
Ghana Startup Awards, an initiative of The Startup Network, a subsidiary of the African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) was live on Friday.
The third edition of the awards sought to celebrate and honor ambitious and indigenous Ghanaian startup businesses that are making an impact, contributing to economic growth, meeting social needs, and putting Ghana on the global economic map.
Given this, young, smart, tactical, adaptable, non-conformist, organized, and energetic startups passionately building and growing globally competitive businesses in 23 different categories and various sectors were showcased.
From almost 2000 nominations to a shortlist of over 200 with an average of 10 companies in each of the 23 categories, the following individuals and startups emerged as the winners of the Ghana Startup Awards;
- Startup of the Year — eCampus LLC
- Startup Entrepreneur of the Year — Cecil Nutakor; Founder & CEO of ECampus LLC
- Female Startup Entrepreneur of the Year — Margaret Dery, CEO of Heritage Skincare Ltd
- Student Startup of the Year — Afrikwear Clodin
- Banking and Finance Startup of the Year — Zeepay
- Non-Ghanaian Startup — S & S African Meals
- Processing StartUp of the Year — Arukah
- Agribusiness Startup of the Year — Grow for Me
- Media Startup of the Year — Digital Times Africa
- Fashion StartUp of the Year — De_KeZal
- Arts & Tourism Startup of the Year — Glamour Events Creative
- Manufacturing Startup of the Year — Incas Diagnostics Limited
- Technology StartUp of the Year — SAYeTECH Company Limited
- Education StartUp of the Year — eCampus LLC
- Health Startup of the Year — Digital Health Access
- Social Enterprise of the Year — Autism Ambassadors of Ghana
- Environment and Sanitation Startup of the Year — Mckingtorch Africa
- Co-Working Space of the Year — HOPin Academy
- Hub of the Year — Women’s Haven Africa
- Investor of the Year — Quick Angels
- Startup Support Organisation of the Year — Women’s Haven Africa
- Accelerator / Incubator Program of the Year — SNV — Inclusive Business Accelerator
- Startup Coach of the Year — Jayset Consulting
The CEO of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) and Board Chair of the Ghana Startup Awards; Mr. Ekow Mensah, congratulated the winners and wished them all the very best in their endeavors to build successful and sustainable businesses.
This year’s event was organized by The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) in partnership with Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) & its collaborators MasterCard Foundation, The World Bank, and Ministry of Communications. Other Partners were Kosmos Innovation Center (KIC), Nalo Solutions and Absa. The Awards had the following collaborators; Ghana Hubs Network, Ghana Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs (GCYE), National Entrepreneurship & Innovation Program (NEIP), Ghana Startup Network (GSN) and Supporters; IConceptsPR, Ekow Mensah Consulting, WomanRising, Voltic and Fanmilk, and Media Partners; Pluzz Fm, Joy Business and Digital Times.